American School Foundation of Puebla
Profile of the Student upon Completion of Preschool
Upon completion of the Preschool program, the student will:
- Demonstrate the first steps of the reading-writing process. Understand that language is represented by codes and symbols that are used to observe, remember, and communicate information.
- Identify and interpret, respond to and create a series of visual stimuli that are used for a variety of purposes.
- Recognize the sounds associated with objects, events, and ideas, and the many purposes of spoken language.
- Construct and transfer meaning to symbols and apply math concepts in a variety of situations.
- Know the concepts and contents of social and natural sciences and the related transdisciplinary skills.
- Use age-appropriate educational software and Internet sites successfully.
- Adapt gross and fine motor skills for a variety of activities.
- Value and learn by engaging in play with others.
- Begin to understand the impact that his actions have on others and the environment.