We are an International Baccalaureate (IB) accredited school in the Primary Years Program (PYP, or PEP, for its acronym in Spanish).We offer a bilingual curriculum that meets the needs, interests, and specific development requirements of students of each age and grade level.
In our school the Primary Years Program (PYP) runs from Kinder 1 to Sixth grade. This program centers on developing the whole child attending to their physical, emotional and cultural needs. At the same time it provides the student with a solid ground in the main areas of knowledge: Mathematics, Social Sciences, Theater, Language, Music, Visual Arts, Science and Technology, Personal, Social and Physical Education.
The IB PYP prepares students for the intellectual challenges of further education and their future careers, focusing on the development of the whole child as an inquirer, both in the classroom and in the world outside. The programme is committed to developing the attributes of the IB learner profile among its students.
In the American School Preschool, students have the opportunity to make their own choices and decisions, manipulate various types of materials, use proper language with personal meanings, and receive appropriate guidance and support from adults. From the Bilingual Stimulation level (age 3 months) through Kinder 3 (age 5), our students grow in a transdisciplinary bilingual program designed to awaken a love for learning.
Throughout his preschool years, the student will:
- Develop listening and speaking skills in English, as well as reading and writing skills.
- Reaffirm listening and speaking skills in Spanish and strengthen foundations for reading and writing.
- Learn basic math skills and concepts in its 4 main areas: numbering, placement, spaces, and sequences and data collection.
- Build transdisciplinary learning through units of inquiry.
- Explore and research social and natural science concepts.
- Learn speaking skills through learning activities in art, music, and physical education.
- Learn technology skills to support inquiry and concept comprehension.